An internal link is any link from one page on your website to another page on your website.
When making links to pages within the same website we recommend to only use the part of the web address that comes after the domain name. On MillstreamCMS web sites only copy from from /view/to-the-end
The URL (Link address / web address) pictured below is typical of what you might see:
The only part your need to copy to create an internal link is the part after the domain from /view/to-the-end:
An external link is any link from a page on your website to a page on a completely different web site. When you are creating a link to an external web site you will need to copy the whole of the web address including the https:// at the beginning.
The screencast below demonstrates creating a link and (optionally) making the link look like a button.
Steps to making a link
The specific steps are:
- Select the text you wish to become a link
- Click on the Link icon (it looks like some chain links)
- Paste in the URL/ web address of the page you wish to link to
- Remember if you are linking to another page on the current website you only need the address after the domain from /view/to-the-end
- Select OK to insert the link
At this stage you could save and the link and it would work as expected.
The link will look similar to this:
To make your link look like a button, place you cursor anywhere within the link, and then from the Formats menu above choose: 'Formats > Button' as shown below:
The link will now be formatted to look like a button when viewed: